Christopher D. Sommers
Chris is an associate at Redstone and a member of the Litigation and Business practice groups.
Most interesting place he's visited in South Dakota: Rapid Creek Ranch in Pennington County.
Little known fact about Chris: Since Chris began hunting when he was 11 years old, there have been only two years that he did not harvest a deer.
Chris' favorites: Movie: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Book: Basic The Book of Thunks by Ian Gilbert.
While not at the office working with the Redstone Team, Chris enjoys: Spending time with his wife, Melissa, and their dog, Scout. He also enjoys hunting, fishing, and riding his motorcycle.
- Civil Litigation 50%
- Business Organizations and Transactions 30%
- Trust and Estate Litigation 10%
- Real Estate Transactions 10%
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Vermillion, South Dakota
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: Sterling Honor Graduate (top 10% of class)
- North Dakota State University, Fargo, North Dakota
- B.S. - 05/2013
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Economics
- South Dakota, 2017
- U.S. District Court District of South Dakota, 2018
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court South Dakota, 2019
- Honorable Steven L. Zinter, Supreme Court of South Dakota, Law Clerk, 2016 to 2018